MonetaVerde Community Forums
johnJohnsson

C Sharp Wallet project

21 hours ago, Unicastbg said:

Hi all. First post here, I read a bit through the forum, amazing work! I'm a newbie when it comes to cryptocurrencies (was an IT admin, now more of a consultant) so I will probably ask stupid questions. Anyway, I noticed some coins offer coin landing. XDN for example, has this option in its wallet. You've most certainly heard of bitconnect. I believe people are looking not only in mining, but investing coins as well. And it's not hard to believe that - banks have deposits for years so the idea of saving some money with profit at the end is now coded in our minds. Long story short I think such a landing option, if not considered already, is something that will grab a lot of attention for good. I can't tell however what lies behind such an option or how is it profitable for both sides.

I'll get back to you tomorrow. Good question!

Just a retard question. Are you working on a cmd wallet or it's online? Because i'am not really good with Command-line :$

• Thanks 1

@Alx282 hahaha I understand you, I do not know much about the command-line either.

First they are working on the wallet based on the command-line.

and then when it's finished they'll start with the online wallet.

@johnJohnsson correct me if I'm wrong please!!

• Like 1

Typing with my mobile so pardon the short anser. We build the core wallet with command line BUT we make a GUI wrapper around it so users dont have to worry about cli. We do this because we want easy maintainability on both the core, daemon, cli wallet and GUI wrapper. With other words, we can fix something in the cli wallet and we don 't have to upgrade the GUI or any other part of the ecosystem.

Hope this helps understand, and if needed tomorrow I can make a graph with what you can expect.

Best regards

5 hours ago, staymos said:

just as a question how soon could a gui wallet/ miner be made ?

Good Morning @staymos,

I cannot me certain on time frames but progress has been made daily at this stage.

@johnJohnsson has done some great work on a new wallet and I have built a miner that I hope to release soon, once I resolve proxy issues to the daemon from the miner I will upload this to GitHub, we are all working on some aspects of this together at the moment.

I am making good progress with the AMD / Radeon SDK, but very little with CUDA SDK as my GTX1060 connected to development computer keeps crashing with a lot of the code. Due to this and a priority of getting this onto GitHub the initial release will be CPU and AMD GPU only, CUDA support will come later. My development computer is connected to a Sapphire RX570 and a Gigabyte GTX1060 so the initial test base will be for Core i5 CPU and AMD RX570, I have also tested successfully on my Core i7 Laptop. Currently I need to finish the proxy service for mining, otherwise it will look like its mining but not mine anything, so important to resolve.

Currently I have 2 important parts I am working on and once I can resolve these I will advise of the GitHub upload to the community :)

@CERON and @Alx282 I have the concept of an online wallet in the back of my mind and have talked to @jakzodiac about this in the past. However currently the focus is on the core product, @johnJohnsson's GUI Wallet and the infrastructure required. I see an online wallet option occurring only after all of this and based around a mining pool been built by us as well. However I do not make any guarantees at this stage other than this is an open source project making it possible after everything is running and secured, it is a thought for the future an not immediate.

Watch this space, hope this helps

Edited by GrumpyBum
Added some wallet notes
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

When I think of a green wallet, first thing that comes to mind is an ALLIGATOR WALLET, or maybe just a GATOR WALLET

why not PeaWallet ? xD or mint... and for walet the 'valise' is very interesting...

we have in italian :

-borsetta verde

-portamonete verde

-scambio verde

Greenwallet is a solid name, its uncomplicated, is associated with cash (good thing for newbies into crypto), and easy to pronounce in English. 

• Like 1