MonetaVerde Community Forums
aux6d

Is your wallet heavy ?

Hello Team !

It'il be nice to know how many MCN you have B|
I have 1k MCN on my wallet ! I'm mining since 1 week :ph34r:
Keep mining every body, MCN is like the phoenix !!!

See you !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, johnJohnsson said:

Nice hashrate @JacksonOBrian! I have 1100 coins, but my hashrate is max 300 H/S so you're catching up pretty quickly. What's your GPU? 

x2 RX480's. Just have it running on my desktop when not gaming. Kaspersky keeps killing Claymore on here so im pretty much stuck with minergate. Excited to see where @jakzodiac an co take this

• Like 1

Looking good guys, I have hit the 700 mark from an old laptop sitting there running MinerGate app off CPU and GPU.

Also noticed that I am getting about twice CPU performance from some old 1GB Quadro 2000 cards sitting in my garage, but have to script against those as MinerGate application does not support them, CUDA Miner is still using those to hit MinerGate pool when I am not using that system for development as well.

On the odd occasion I have pointed both RX570's and GTX 1060's / 1070's at MCN on MinerGate and it certainly mines pretty quickly.

• Like 1

I am only at around 120 H/s on minergate so I'll probably never catch up but I'll keep going!

• Like 2

Have around 200 now. Question is, will it be worth something in the future ;)

5 hours ago, 2+2=4 said:

Have around 200 now. Question is, will it be worth something in the future ;)

It is worth 200 MCN today and I am very certain that it will be worth 200 MCN in the future :) 

• Like 2

Make room for the little guy!!! :D I almost have 2 MCN!!! With 7 H/s can't expect much, but this is why I like this coin, it's accessible to the little guy! If any coin is going to have a real future for humanity, then it has to be available to the poorest people with a basic smartphone. Out of curiosity, if a lot of people get involved with this coin, could it end being un-minable by people like me?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GrumpyBum said:

It is worth 200 MCN today and I am very certain that it will be worth 200 MCN in the future :) 

Well thats a fact for sure... But for now since you can't trade it, its not worth anything.

40 minutes ago, tinocurione said:

Make room for the little guy!!! :D I almost have 2 MCN!!! With 7 H/s can't expect much, but this is why I like this coin, it's accessible to the little guy! If any coin is going to have a real future for humanity, then it has to be available to the poorest people with a basic smartphone. Out of curiosity, if a lot of people get involved with this coin, could it end being un-minable by people like me?

Most likely yeah. :( 

@tinocurione you bring up an issue that is constantly on my mind. Note that you are in the right community and that this is absolutely something I hope to address in the future.

There is no doubt in my mind that there will be technological roadblocks that keep the lowest-spec machines from participating in mining. Although I hope we can bring some innovation to the mining process, it will without a doubt become more difficult and eventually be run by datacenters, as will any long-lasting cryptocurrency. That's not to say invested individuals cannot run their own servers or manage servers through a SAAS vendor, it's just an inevitability of scaling.

That does not mean however that we don't plan on creating services that allow people to participate in exchange using their own low-spec machines. As you might have picked up from other posts of mine, I think that one of the key components in building MonetaVerde is going to be figuring out how to get it leaner, faster, and and distributed to a broader audience.

There are many communities today that do have the privilege of a good computers, let alone a stable economy. Figuring out how to give these communities the option to use MonetaVerde is something I hope to tackle. The reward will not be in mining, but in having a globally-available stable cryptocurrency. All those invested now will certainly see a return on investment, but it will likely never reach the lucrative levels of Bitcoin. 

• Thanks 1

On 31-1-2018 at 4:00 PM, John said:

I am only at around 120 H/s on minergate so I'll probably never catch up but I'll keep going!

Keep going John, one word: persistence ;)

• Like 3

@jakzodiac I admire your dedication and optimism, it's needed for a project of this nature. I've been thinking about the same issues of how can the MCN become more interesting for more people and much more easy to exchange among a larger audience. I have some ideas which I'll share in the proper threads.

• Like 1

I have 114, which I think is pretty remarkable since I mine with my work/school PC when it's not preoccupied with what I bought it for

• Like 1

On 1/31/2018 at 4:39 PM, tinocurione said:

If youre mining on minergate I can lend a few hours of an RX480 and i7 6700 for you in basic mode, happy to donate while im playing on a ps4. 

image.png.7bafc76ecfe4e9671db04ad8bdf8ce7a.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@JacksonOBrian Yes, that is extremely kind of you. My email address is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx but please do not burden yourself too much, or your resources, because I am happy to mine what I can with what I have because this a learning experience for me.

Edited by tinocurione
Removed email

Just now, tinocurione said:

@JacksonOBrian Yes, that is extremely kind of you. My email address is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx but please do not burden yourself too much, or your resources, because I am happy to mine what I can with what I have because this a learning experience for me.

Id say delete your email from here just for safety reasons if you can edit

4 minutes ago, tinocurione said:

Thanks, I'll keep this in mind and avoid in the future!

NP, any questions feel free to DM. Ill leave you on for the night dual-mining INF8 and MCN

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1